Glendale Unified School District - Board of Education Meeting
April 6, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
Loading the player...
Board of Education Meeting
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
5:00 p. m.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance led by, Vincent Purcell a 6th grade student at Dunsmore Elementary School.
3. Certification of Compliance
4. Approval of Agenda Order
B. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. GUSD Students Earn a Place on the All State Honor Ensembles
2. GUSD Students Earn a Place on the All Southern California Honor Ensembles
3. Tournament of Roses Honor Band
1. Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Shines
D. STUDENT BOARD MEMBER REPORT
1. Student Board Member Kayla Rodriguez will report on activities and events happening at the schools around the District.
E. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
1. Public Communications – NOTE MODIFIED PROCEDURES DURING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PANDEMIC
F. CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code § 54954.5
2. Threat to Public Services or Facilities (Government Code Section §54957)
Consultation with: Dr. Vivian Ekchian, Superintendent
3. Conference with Legal Counsel-Existing litigations pursuant to Government Code Code Section §54956.9 (d)(1)
Case No. LA-CO-1800-E
Case No. LA-CE-6596-E
G. RETURN TO REGULAR MEETING – 7:30 P.M.
H. SUPERINTENDENT’S UPDATES
1. Return to School Update
1. Acknowledgements of Service
2. Update on Measure S and Facility Programs
1. Resolution No. 14 – Remembering the Armenian Genocide and Reaffirming a Better World
2. Board of Education Meeting Schedule 2021-2022
3. Approval of Change Order No. 1 to the Sourcewell Contract for the Purchase and Installation of Playground Equipment and Fall Zone Material from PlayPower LT Farmington, Inc. at Mann Elementary School, and Notice of Completion
4. Award of Bid No. 208-20/21 for the Clark Magnet High School New CTE Building
5. Award of Bid No. 209-20/21 for the Crescenta Valley High School New Walk-In Freezer
6. Approval of Change Order No. 1 to the Sourcewell Contract for the Purchase and Installation of Playground Equipment and Fall Zone Material from PlayPower LT Farmington, Inc. at R.D. White Elementary School, and Notice of Completion
7. Revision of Contract with Hey Tutor, Inc.
K. CONSENT CALENDAR
2. Certificated Personnel Report No. 14
3. Classified Personnel Report No. 14
5. Purchase Orders
6. Appropriation Transfer and Budget Revision Report
7. Memorandum of Understanding with Glendale Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) for Use of Facilities by R.D. White Elementary School
8. Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding with Glendale Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA)
9. Approval of Comprehensive School Safety Plans for 2021-2022 School Year
10. Agreement with Loyola Marymount University
11. Quarterly Uniform Complaint Report Summary, Williams Settlement Legislation
12. Approval of Services Agreement between Glendale Unified School District and Lightwerks Communication Systems, Inc.
13. Approval for Extension of the 2020-2021 School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
14. Acceptance of Career Technical Education Incentive Grant
15. Approval of New Course of Study Outlines for Use in High Schools in the Areas of English and Social Science
L. REPORTS AND CORRESPONDENCE
Full Agenda Packet may be downloaded here.
Watch Previous Meetings Online
If you are having trouble viewing the video,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 818-290-8438 for support