Glendale Unified School District - Board of Education Meeting
January 19, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
Loading the player...
Board of Education Meeting
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
5:00 p. m.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance led by Zachary West, a student in the F.A.C.T.S Program
3. Certification of Compliance
4. Approval of Agenda Order
B. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND RECOGNITION
1. School Board Recognition Month
1. Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Shines
2. International Day of Acceptance
D. STUDENT BOARD MEMBER REPORT
1. Student Board Member Kayla Rodriguez will report on activities and events happening at the schools around the District.
E. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
1. Public Communications – NOTE MODIFIED PROCEDURES DURING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PANDEMIC
F. CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code § 54954.5
2. Threat to Public Services or Facilities (Government Code Section §54957)
Consultation with: Dr. Vivian Ekchian, Superintendent
3. Conference with Legal Counsel-Existing litigations pursuant to Government Code Code Section §54956.9 (d)(1)
G. RETURN TO REGULAR MEETING – 7:30 P.M.
H. SUPERINTENDENT’S UPDATE
1. COVID-19 Safety Update
2. Service Projects in Honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. Budget Update
2. Cloud Computing and Computer Science Academy Proposal
3. Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards
4. Title I, Part A Comparability
5. Proposed Revisions to Board Policies Relating to Students, Instruction and Bylaws of the Board
6. Update on Measure S and Facility Programs
7. Acknowledgements of Service
1. Approval of Change Order No. 1 to Bid No. 203-20/21 with Red Hawk Services, Inc. for Tennis Court Fencing and Rails Project at Glendale High School and Notice of Completion
2. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Independent Consultant Agreement No. 491 with PlaceWorks for CEQA Consulting Services for the Potential Crescenta Valley High School Field Improvements Project
3. Approval of Project Authorization No. 024 with tBP Architecture for Architectural Services at the Monte Vista Elementary School New Building Project
4. Approval of Istation Reading Program for FLAG Spanish Elementary Classes for 2021-23
5. Resolution No. 7 - Approval of Amended Agreement for Contract No. CCTR—0093 with the California Department of Education, Child Development Division, for the Glendale Unified School District for the 2020-2021 school year.
6. Resolution No. 8 - Approval of Amended Agreement for Contract No. CSPP—0203 with the California Department of Education, Child Development Division, for the Glendale Unified School District for the 2020-2021 school year.
7. Approval to Rename the John Wayne Performing Arts Center at Glendale High School
8. Approval of Contract with Maxim Healthcare Services for Nursing Related Services required for COVID-19 and Return to School Planning during the 2020-2021 School Year
K. CONSENT CALENDAR
2. Certificated Personnel Report No. 9
3. Classified Personnel Report No. 9
5. Purchase Orders
6. Appropriation Transfer and Budget Revision Report
7. Transfer of Cash Balance from the County Schools Facilities Fund (35.0) to the Measure S Projects Fund (21.1)
8. Termination of Contract with Rachlin Partners for Architectural Services at the Monte Vista Elementary School New Building Project
9. Approval of Deferred Maintenance Projects for 2021
10. Authorization to Dispose of Surplus Property
11. Consideration of Damage Claim
12. Quarterly Uniform Complaint Report Summary, Williams Settlement Legislation
13. Approval of Services Agreement Between Glendale Unified School District and California Respite Care, Inc.
14. Acceptance of California Partnership Academies Grants
15. Approval of New Course of Study Outlines for Use in High Schools in the Area of Science
16. Approval of New and Revised Course of Study Outlines for Use in High Schools in the Area of Career Technical Education
17. Approval of Revisions to Board Policies Relating to Personnel and Instruction
18. Acceptance of DonorsChoose Award
19. Agreement with Fitbit to Provide Health and Wellness Services to GUSD Employees
20. Acceptance of Gifts
L. REPORTS AND CORRESPONDENCE
Full Agenda Packet may be downloaded here.
Watch Previous Meetings Online
If you are having trouble viewing the video,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 818-290-8438 for support