Glendale Unified School District - Board of Education Meeting
November 2, 2020, 4:30 p.m.
Loading the player...
Board of Education Meeting No. 10
Tuesday, November 2, 2020
4:30 p. m.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance led by Rithvika Medarametla, a 5th grade student from Horace Mann Elementary School
3. Certification of Compliance
4. Approval of Agenda Order
B. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. NCUST America’s Best Urban School Award – The Board would like to recognize Horace Mann Elementary for earning a 2020 America’s Best Urban School Award at the Gold Level from the National Center for Urban School Transformation.
1. GUSD selected as Organization of the Year by the CV Chamber of Commerce
2. Native American Heritage Month
3. National School Psychology Week - November 9-13, 2020
D. STUDENT BOARD MEMBER REPORT
1. Student Board Member Kayla Rodriguez will report on activities and events happening at the schools around the District.
E. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
1. Public Communications – NOTE MODIFIED PROCEDURES DURING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PANDEMIC
F. CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code § 54954.5
2. Conference with Legal Counsel-Existing litigations pursuant to Government Code Code Section §54956.9 (d)(1)
Case No. LASC19STCV42371
Case No. 20-CV-5878(CM)
Case No. LA-CO-1800E
G. RETURN TO REGULAR MEETING – 7:00
H. SUPERINTENDENT’S UPDATE
1. School Year Update
1. 2021-22 Budget Planning and Enrollment Updates
2. Applications for FLAG/Magnet Programs 2021-2022
3. Proposed Supplementary Textbooks for Use in Middle and High Schools in the Area of World Languages and Cultures
4. Proposed Revisions to Board Policies Relating to Instruction - Special Education
5. Acknowledgements of Service
6. Update on Measure S and Facility Programs
1. Approval of County Recommendation of Revisions to the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
2. Award of Bid No. 205-20/21 for Tennis Court Refurbishment and Resurfacing Project at Glendale High School
3. Approval of Services Agreement Between Glendale Unified School District and EBS Healthcare, Inc.
4. Resolution No. 5 - Approval of Amended Agreement for Contract No. CCTR-9090-02 with the California Department of Education, Child Development Division, for the Glendale Unified School District for the 2019-2020 school year.
K. CONSENT CALENDAR
2. Certificated Personnel Report No. 6
3. Classified Personnel Report No. 6
5. Purchase Orders
6. Appropriation Transfer and Budget Revision Report
7. 2020-21 Transfer of Cash Balance from the Measure S Projects Fund (21.1) to the Capital Project and Improvement Fund (40.1)
8. Approval of Agreement with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department for 2020-21 Law Enforcement Services
9. Approval of Agreement with the City of Glendale for 2020-21 Law Enforcement Services
10. Approval to Pilot Gaggle Safety Management Services
11. Approval of Notice of Completion for Bid No. 195-19/20 with GMS Elevator Services, Inc. for Elevator Control Repair and Replacement at Crescenta Valley High School
12. Authorization to Dispose of Surplus Property
13. Approval of Services Agreement between Glendale Unified School District and The Southern CA Learning Corporation, dba Sylvan Learning Center
14. Approval of New Course of Study Outlines for Use in Middle Schools in the Area of Science
15. Acceptance of the Scholastic and James Patterson Teacher Grant
16. Approval of Revisions to Board Policies/New Exhibit Relating to Personnel, Students and Instruction
17. Agreement with California State University, Northridge
18. Agreement with University of Southern California
19. Agreement with University of Redlands
20. Acceptance of Gifts
L. REPORTS AND CORRESPONDENCE
Full Agenda Packet may be downloaded here.
Watch Previous Meetings Online
If you are having trouble viewing the video,
please email email@example.com or call 818-290-8438 for support